Monday, August 1, 2011

Welcome to my virgin blog!

I see that it took only the mere force of my amazing aura to lure you to my blog. All are welcome, my pretties. All are welcome. 

This is my Monarchy of Menopausal Musings and I hope you find your visits mildly entertaining. My plan is to inform, rant, share, speculate and whatever-the-hell-else tickles my considerable fancy. Maybe even the occasional recipe. Who knows?

Why my blog is called Foxtrot In America: The "Foxtrot" part comes from WTF -- Whiskey Tango Foxtrot in military acronym. You know where I'm coming from, yes? There you go. But there is more... The normal folks in the US seem to be dancing to keep up with the stupid that has become our way of life. We are this population. Dancing the Foxtrot... Metaphors R Us... Dancing...Dancing...

Allow me to introduce myself. I'm only doing this once, so pay attention, OK?

I'm an opinionated, occasionally-cranky 57-year-old broad from economically-ravaged Upstate New York. My politics are Progressive (Yes, capital "P") and I'm likely to get fired up more than once about how disappointed I am with the Democratic Party. 

But not today. I'm new at blogging so I want to get my fat little feet wet first.

Anyway, I'm a proud, first-generation Greek-American, sister of five, mother of three, wife of one. The bathroom scale has been my enemy for most of my life, but I'm currently in the "win" column. I bleed NY Yankee pinstripes. During the day I work in the human services field. At night my brain goes numb. Ask anybody.

Turn ons: My husband; my kids; my friends; really good bourbon; delicious corn.

Turn offs: Republicans; The Tea Party; Harry Reid; Boston Red Sox.

You will probably be subjected to pictures of my cats. I have to figure out how to do that first and I'm just not that motivated right now.

Thanks again for stopping by. See you soon. Real soon.

1 comment: